As a benchmark for quality, it will improve the playing experience for all. It also recognises the club’s commitment to coaching, player and coach development and the raising of standards of behaviour in the game.
The FA Charter Standard Club Programme now has three levels:
● FA Charter Standard Club (Youth, Adult)
● FA Charter Standard Development Club
● FA Charter Standard Community Club
There are numerous benefits to becoming an FA Charter Standard Club, for coaches, administrators, players throughout the year. Each season, Cumberland FA run the annual festival inviting all Charter Standard Clubs to celebrate and reward the hard work put in throughout the year.
The FA, in conjunction with various bodies, has drawn up the following set of criteria for clubs wishing to reach The FA Charter Standard:
• A written constitution
• FA CRB checked volunteers (Youth Clubs Only)
• All managers to have minimum of FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football Course
• Commitment to attend in-service training
• Everyone to sign up to, accept and promote Codes of Conduct
• Commitment to provide Mini-Soccer opportunities for Under 10s
• Commitment to promote schools liaison and equal opportunities for all
For support and advice regarding FA Charter Standard for clubs please contact Paul Jennings (Football Development Officer) on 01900 872310 or email Paul.Jennings@CumberlandFA.com