Play Football in Cumberland
For Young Girls In The County There's Never Been A More Exciting Time To Start Playing The Game.
Whatever your age there's a place for you to enjoy football and develop your skills in professional, safe and fun environments.
Whether you're a parent helping your daughter to get started on her journey in football, or a young player ready to take the next step on your football adventure, here's the opportunities in Cumberland to help you achieve your dreams
If you're looking to get involved in Mini-Soccer, either as a coach or parent, here's a few things you should know...
• Mini-Soccer is for teams from U7s to U11s
• Run by dedicated volunteers, Mini-Soccer is played within organised leagues
• Girls can play in 'Girl only' teams or in mixed teams depending on their preferred choice and location
• Fixtures are generally played on a weekly basis on Saturday or Sunday mornings
• The game is structured to help youngsters develop by allowing them more touches of the ball
• The pitch sizes differ according to the age groups of the players
• Regular festivals are held throughout the season to aid the girls' development
• Futsal is played during the winter across Cumberland for various age groups
Under 8 Girls Festivals are run across the County for Girls to get their first experience of matches in a fun and friendly environment!
LOCAL LEAGUES FOR GIRLS TO PLAY
4 Youth Football Leagues across Cumberland cater for girls and mixed teams at various age groups.
Visit the League websites to keep up to date with Fixtures and Results or Find a Team using the Find Football Tool
Carlisle Glass Longhorn Youth League - Girls Specific Leagues at U10, U12 & U14
West Cumbria Youth League - Girls Specific Leagues at U8, U10, U12 & U14
Penrith & District Junior League - Mixed Leagues
Cumberland FA Women's League - For Under 16 Girls
Under 8 Festival Fun
Cumberland FA’s Under 7 and Under 8 Girls’ Football Festivals will be kicking off in the Spring to support the continued growth of teams at the entry level.
Local Clubs will be hosting the Festivals on their home turf.
Jess Nelson, Football Development Officer commented “The festival programme is a great way for clubs who deliver girls Under 8 coaching sessions, or clubs who don’t, to get started. The festivals are fun, friendly and a great platform to support girls’ first experiences in the game.”
Contact us to find out how to join one of the local girls teams if your daughter is interested.
More details will be available shortly.
Find football near you
Girls Football Week
Girls' Football Week is a fun filled week of activities designed to get as many girls involved in playing football as possible.
Whether girls play regularly or are lacing their boots for the first time, it is a great opportunity for everyone to get active, meet new friends and have fun!