Cumberland FA, in partnership with The FA, is pleased to announce this season’s girls’ specific talent programme as part of The FA’s Female Player Pathway.
The FA Girls’ Advanced Coaching Centres (ACC) are part of a specifically designed programme to support the development and progression of players, initially in the south west and east of England, and now in Cumberland. Due to the geographical challenges and limited elite playing opportunities in these areas, the pathway has been adapted in these specific regions to ensure it is accessible as well as supportive and educational.
The Cumberland FA Girls ACC is designed to work with girls who show potential in all four areas of the FA’s Long Term Player Development Model (LTPD). More information on the LTPD Model can be found on the England DNA website.
Players are permitted to remain in grassroots club football and participate in a grassroots fixture programme, but ACCs will then provide supplementary support for selected players with an additional nights training a week and a minimum of six fixtures a season against other ACCs / RTCs or identified Charter Standard Youth teams. This pathway ensures that the players’ development, health and well-being is at the forefront of the programme.
Players who show elite potential from Advanced Coaching Centres are eligible to be selected and attend Regional Development Programmes, National Performance Camps and England camps.
The Cumberland FA ACC will be based at Harraby Sports Complex, Carlisle and operate for 28 weeks starting in October 2018 through to May 2019; catering for U10, U12 and U14 female players.
Training will be on Friday evenings between 6pm and 8pm for all age groups.
Access to the ACC is gained through a trial process. Please note:
- Those involved in the Cumberland FA Player Development Centre last season (17/18) will be directly invited back to register for trial (please keep an eye out for an email).
- Any additional players who, A) missed out on selection last year, and/or, B) meet the criteria, can register for trial.
- Anyone wishing to trial must first complete the application form. For safeguarding reasons we cannot accept anyone who turns up without having registered in advance. Please note the closing date for applications – we will not be accepting applications after this time.
The trial process will contain three phases.
- Phase One - Girls must be available on Friday 12 October and Friday 19 October between 6pm – 8pm. You will be allocated ONE session to attend in Phase One.
- Phase Two – All girls will be invited to attend an extended games-related session on Friday 26 October between 3pm – 6pm.
- Phase Three – An invitation only session will take place on Friday 2 November between 6pm – 8pm.
Jess Nelson, Football Development Officer, said: “We have been working closely with The FA behind the scenes over the last couple of months to put together a programme that best suits our county. We are really proud to not only be recognised for our hard work in this area, but be rewarded with a step up in the programme.
“Our talent programme will now sit equally with the south east and west programmes, as a bespoke rural project. We look forward to welcoming talented Cumbrian players to our trial evenings and working with our team of coaches over the season.”
Trial application forms are to be completed online. You will require a FA Number and password – if you don’t have one, you can create one by clicking the option ‘create FAN’.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE TRIAL FORM
TRAIL APPLICATION DEADLINE – MIDNIGHT - SUNDAY 7 OCTOBER 2018
If you have any questions regarding the programme prior to trials taking place, please contact Jess on 07814 559669 or 01900 511800 or email Jessica.Nelson@CumberlandFA.com