Referee Appointments Coordinator
Referee Appointments Co-Ordinator(s)
Cumberland Football Association and partner leagues are recruiting a Referee Appointments Co-ordinator or Co-ordinators to centrally manage the appointments within a number of partnership leagues and CFA Competitions across the county.
An Honorarium payment will be made to cover relevant expenses – The payment and a benefits package is to be discussed and agreed with successful candidates
These roles would report directly into The CFA Referee Development Group and the respective League Management Committees.
These roles will encompass the following areas:
- Managing the availability of registered referees within the County
- Co-ordinate and manage the appointments of match officials within CFA and selected ‘partner’ leagues
- Co-ordinate and manage the appointments of match officials within all Junior CFA County Cup Competitions
- Co-ordinate and support FA with monthly appointments (assistants) to CUFC Youth U18 Games
- Co-ordinate and support with FA Competition Appointments (when required)
- Co-ordinate and manage the appointments of match officials at a number of CFA approved festival and tournaments
- Utilise FA IT systems including Full Time and The Whole Game System
- When necessary liaise with and provide support to other Appointment Officers /Sanctioned leagues within the county to ensure maximum coverage across the county.
- Liaise with the CFA Referee Development Officer to provide support to the development of referees within the county via responsible appointments
- Attend all CFA Referee Development Group meetings and provide a regular report of progress with regards to appointments
- Liaise with and work with various other co-ordinators within the Referee Development Group to develop refereeing within the county.
There are up to two roles available and the make up of the role(s) and the honorarium/benefits package would be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate(s).
The position/positions will be responsible for the co-ordination of appointments for the following competitions.
• County Cups (Youth)
• Cumberland County League
• West Cumbria Youth League (12-18’s – boys and girls)
• Wearside/Youth Alliance/West Lancs/ North West Counties League (Officials (when and if required) for Cumberland based clubs home games
• CFA U18 Representative Games
• Egremont & District Sunday League
• CFA Women’s League (U16 Girls and Summer League)
• CFA Veterans League (Over 35s)
• CFA Ability Counts League
• Cumbria Schools County Games/Festivals (when and if required)
• Lancashire and North West Women’s Regional League (Cumberland Based clubs Home Games (when and if required))
Whilst previous appointments experience would be desirable it is not essential.
More important is an individual who is a proficient administrator with an experienced refereeing background. You will need to have good organisational skills, good interpersonal skills, be approachable and be able to communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
The individual(s) fulfilling this role will need to be contactable by telephone/e-mail (particularly at weekends and around other fixture dates), be IT literate, work unsupervised and be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Due to the nature of role the individual will be expected to attend a CFA Induction and either already possess or be willing to undertake an FA Enhanced DBS Check prior to commencing the role.
The measure of success within the role will be to see the county coverage of a qualified referee at every game and supporting the retention of referees.
For further information on the role please contact Fred Conway at Fred.Conway@CumberlandFA.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 19 October 2021
Shortlisting will be undertaken by a panel of representatives from all partner leagues
Applicants may be asked to attend a Meeting for an ‘informal online or face to face interview’ with the panel during the week commencing the on 21/22 October 2021
Cumberland County FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.