We support the Rainbow Laces campaign
As part of our Rainbow Laces initiative*, Cumberland FA would like to invite grassroots teams and referees to participate for the 2022/23 season, to encourage LGBTQ+ acceptance within football.
For a number of years, Cumberland teams have got behind the campaign to raise awareness and promote inclusivity. We have a limited number of Rainbow Laces to provide for the Cumberland Football Community to get involved this season.
The Rainbow Laces campaign complements the work clubs are doing to promote inclusion and diversity in football, and across all levels of the sport, but there is still work to be done, let's lace and speak up, to make sport everyone's game.
This year's campaign focus is on 'there is no off season' and ongoing support to our LGBTQ+ communities, and will run between 19th - 31st October and 18th - 21st December 2022.
Rainbow Laces Day is on 26 October 2022.
During this time, we are encouraging grassroots leagues, clubs, teams and referees in and around Cumberland to show their support to the LGBTQ+ community and highlight the work they are doing to promote a welcome and inclusive environment.
Football teams interested in getting involved with the campaign will need to meet the following criteria:
- Designate a match day to the Rainbow Laces campaign
- Share the matchday event across social media platforms using the appropriate asset pack
What you will receive:
• Rainbow laces for the chosen fixture (max 15 pairs per adult team - youth team dependent on age group – 1 pair for Referees)
• An asset pack for your social media platforms, for you to use accordingly
• You must be a part of a football club affiliated to Cumberland FA or a registered CFA Match Official
• Your designated fixture must be within the 2022/23 time frame.
Teams can apply for an allocation by clicking HERE
Referees can apply for an allocation by clicking HERE
Sign up by 5pm on Wednesday 12 October 2022
*Please note Cumberland FA has a limited supply of Rainbow Laces – if you’re not successful in receiving these direct from CFA, they can be purchased from Stonewall UK.
For teams allocated Laces, they will be available to pick up from the County FA office from Monday 17 October 2022.
If you have any queries please contact Helen Aitchison, Cumberland FA’s Football Development Officer on 01900 511800 or email Helen.Aitchison@CumberlandFA.com