For the first event of the 23/24 season, we will be joined by FA Regionals Coach Developers Ben Hardaker and Sarah Lowden who will be delivering a combination of the workshops detailed below - Benefits of Small Sided Games & Developing on the Pitch.
Topics: Benefits of Small Sided Games & Developing on the pitch
Date: Saturday 9 September 2023
Time: 12.00pm to 3:30pm
Host: FA Regional Coach Development Officers – Ben Hardaker & Sarah Lowden
Venue: Harraby 3G - Google Maps Link.
Registration link: CPD Event Registration Form.
Ray Sempill of Cumberland FA said: "We are delighted to launch the first CPD event of the season. The purpose of the CPD programme is to support coaches on their coaching journey.
"We launched the 'Cumberland Coaches Network' last season aimed at creating a coaching community to share ideas and good practice.
"This season we will be providing CPD events on various topics as well as coach mentor support throughout the season to help coaches to improve their experience in grassroots football."
CPD event content:
Workshop 1: Benefits of Small Sided Games
This session will bring examples of small sided games to life, and show and how they can be used to benefit the development of your players holistically. Ben & Sarah will share a range of in and out of possession small-sided games, designed to help you develop more skilful players.
What can coaches expect to take away?
1) Some example practices that they could use to support them with this topic.
2) An understanding of the benefits of small sided games to aid progress and the development of skilful players.
3) An insight into utilising constraints/practice considerations within small sided games to support players' skill progression.
The workshop will aim to answer a number of common questions from coaches, such as:
• Why should I have small sided games in my sessions?
• How do small sided games link to the FA 4 Corner Model?
• How can small sided games help further develop our players?
Workshop 2: Developing on the pitch
This CPD session will enable you to maximise the impact of your sessions on your players. Participants will learn new skills and strategies to get the most out of players on the pitch! This practical based workshop will get you to consider 3 aspects of your sessions:
• Know your players – To be able to motivate them appropriately
• Know the game – To be able to get the balance right between repetition and realism
Know yourself – To be able to understand how your coaching behaviour affects your players
As an extra incentive we are giving away a free Samba tactics board to one lucky attendee:
If you would like to register for this event, please complete this CPD Event Registration Form.