Cumberland FA’s U7 and U8 Girls’ Football Festivals, which are now in their third year, have supported this significant growth, and clubs within the county are being encouraged to register an event before the deadline on Friday 16 February
Clubs are given the chance to host an U7 or U8 Girls' Festival – in either spring or summer – on their home turf. Clubs provide the venue, volunteers and enthusiasm, whilst Cumberland FA sorts the rest.
Cumberland FA will:
• Promote your festival via its website, social media and with all U7/U8 girls affiliated teams within the county
• Manage all entry forms
• Provide the host club with a set of festival rules and formats they can adopt on the day
• Provide the host club with size 3 footballs to use (if they don’t have them)
• Provide the host club with pop up ‘Charter Standard Club’ banners and pitch divides
The host Club will:
• Pick a date to host their U7/U8 girls only festival (usually a Saturday or Sunday, between March-July 2018)
• Provide two fit-for-purpose mini-soccer football pitches (recommended pitch size: 40x30 yards. Recommended goalpost size: 6x12 feet)
• Provide a festival lead – main contact prior to and on the day
• Provide volunteer referees on the day – consider young leaders or U14+ youth team in the club
• Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for players to enjoy their first experience of football
Jess Nelson, Cumberland FA Football Development Officer, said: “We are really excited to be launching the programme again this summer. You can see the effects it’s had on the growth of the female game county wide, so much so the development of an U8 Girls division in the West Cumbria Youth League speaks volumes.”
“The festival programme is a great way for clubs who deliver girls U8 coaching sessions, or clubs who don’t –to get started. The festivals are fun, friendly and a great platform to support girls’ first experiences in the game.”
Register your event date with Jessica.Nelson@CumberlandFA.com no later than Friday 16 February 2018.
Make sure you get the venue confirmed to make it into the festival calendar. The calendar will then be shared with all youth clubs across Cumberland, ready for teams to enter.