Cumberland FA are working alongside The FA and partners to plan and deliver a Grassroots Football Coach Development Offer to support local coaches across the county.
Utilising The FA’s Coach Development Officer we’re delighted to be able to offer a number of sessions in the New Year to provide coaches with local CPD opportunities.
In order to tailor the most appropriate sessions for our local coaching community, we’re asking Cumberland based mini soccer, youth and adult coaches to let us know their preferred session/s.
The following ‘Face to Face’ events are available through The FA:
Developing Skilful Players
• What is The FA’s approach to developing skill?
• What practices can I use to develop skill?
• What does a skilful player look like across the FA 4 corner model?
Benefits of Small Sided Games
How can I use small sided games to:
• Develop players’ attacking & defending skills
• Meet the differing needs and abilities of the players (STEP)
• Emphasise goals, opposition, direction
The Match Day Experience
• Exploring what positive coaching behaviours look like on match day
• Using match day to support player learning and skill development
• How to engage parents and other adults in the match day experience
Supporting Players Through Different Game Formats
• Key considerations for the different formats of the game, including; 5v5, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11
• Utilising your practice and match day time effectively to help prepare for the next step
• Supporting your players across the 4 corners ahead of progressing to the next format
Thriving on the Pitch
Targeted at coaches who have just completed the Introduction to Coaching Football course.
• Players loving the game
• Engaging players
• Developing players skills
Developing on the Pitch (Regional Event)
Targeted at those working towards UEFA C in the next 12 months.
• Knowing your players better
• Knowing their game
• Coaching practice & behaviours
COACHES – please complete this short expression of interest form before Monday 19 December so we can liaise with The FA to confirm the programme for 2023.
CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE THE FORM
If you have any further queries, please contact Ray.Sempill@CumberlandFA.com or call on 01900 511800.